Special Needs Information Program (SNIP)

Parents of children with disabilities and adults with disabilities are invited to join the Special Needs Information Program (SNIP), a program to help emergency responders identify and respond to vulnerable residents with special needs.

The program is intended to aid police dispatchers and officers in their response to calls for assistance that may involve individuals with disabilities. This may include locating a missing person, medical emergency, crisis situation, behavioral episode, or other interactions. The information program is an expansion of an existing database which identifies community members who have Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.

The voluntary registration process includes completing the SNIP form below, which includes uploading a photograph. This information will then be kept on file and remain confidential within the police department and at SNSC, and will be accessed by first responders in the event of an emergency.

SNIP Coverage Area:

Vermont Towns

  • Bridgewater
  • Barnard
  • Bradford
  • Cavendish
  • Chelsea
  • Corinth
  • Fairlee
  • Hartford
  • Hartland
  • Norwich
  • Plymouth
  • Pomfret
  • Reading
  • Rochester
  • Sharon
  • Strafford
  • Thetford
  • Topsham
  • Tunbridge
  • Vershire
  • West Fairlee
  • Woodstock

New Hampshire Towns 

  • Canaan
  • Cornish
  • Dorchester
  • Enfield
  • Etna
  • Grafton
  • Grantham
  • Hanover
  • Lebanon
  • Lyme
  • Meriden
  • Orange
  • Orford
  • Plainfield
  • Springfield

To register for the Special Needs Information Program:

  • Complete the form below;
  • If you need assistance filling out the form please call your associated town police department from the numbers listed below:
    Windsor Police Department 802-674-1019
    Lebanon Police Department 603-448-1212
    Hartford Police Department 802-295-9425
    Hanover Police Department 603-643-2222

    Windsor County Sheriff’s Department 802-457-5211

  • Residents of the New Hampshire towns of Hanover, Etna, Canaan, Cornish, Enfield, Lyme, Orford, Plainfield, Piermont, Meriden, Grafton, Grantham, Springfield, Dorchester, and Orange as well as the Vermont towns of Norwich, Thetford, Fairlee, Bradford, Strafford, Vershire, W. Fairlee, Corinth, Orange, and Topsham may call the Hanover Dispatch Team at 603-643-2222 to request an officer be dispatched to your residence to assist you in completing the form;
  • Call the Special Needs Support Center at 603-448-6311 and a team member will help you complete the form over the phone or in the office.

If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 603-448-6311.

Traffic Stop Social Stories

Dive into our step-by-step guide to navigating a traffic stop!

What do I do during a traffic stop?

What do I do during a traffic stop if I am the passenger?